Since qualifying as an Actuary in 1973, Graham has honed his actuarial skills across many industries.
As well as being a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia, Graham has the following professional and academic qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (honours in Pure Mathematics), The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Economics, Australian National University
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society of Actuaries
After a number of years in senior management, Graham commenced his consulting career in 1989 with National Benefits and Consulting Group. Here he acted as company actuary to FML Assurances Ltd, Associated National Life Co and APA Life Assurance Limited.
In 2000, Graham became Sydney Manager for Eriksens Actuarial Pty Ltd, where he would work for the following eight years. During this time he operated predominantly in long-term insurance liabilities – including public liability, professional indemnity and workers compensation – and in employee benefits, including long service leave and sick leave. He has also appeared in Court as an expert witness in valuing loss of earnings and employee benefits.
From 2008 to 2011, Graham managed the Sydney office of Bendzulla Actuarial. While with Bendzulla, he performed a wide range of actuarial services, as well as providing advice for solicitors on the superannuation aspects of family law.
In May 2011, Graham made the move to G P Osborn and has been actively providing advice to clients here since. Specialising in general insurance, superannuation and advice to solicitors, he puts his extensive experience to use to provide clients with expert actuarial service.
Graham has also lectured at the University of Technology in Sydney on general insurance.
- Actuarial Certificates for self-managed superannuation funds
- Actuarial valuations of superannuation funds
- Employee benefit design and superannuation fund structure
- Amalgamation, wind-up and establishment of superannuation funds
- Preparation of Financial Condition and Liability Valuation Reports
- Claims analysis, premium recommendations and financial modelling.
- Valuation of superannuation interests under Family Law legislation
- Calculation of loss of earnings
- Advice to solicitors and Court appearances